Specialized Forest Product Harvesting Permits

Specialized Forest Product Harvesting Permits may be filed at South Sound 911 free of charge. Our office maintains a supply of blank permits for use.

These permits are good for harvesting and transporting within Pierce County only. To harvest or transport within another county, please contact that county’s local law enforcement agency.

Permits are valid until the expiration date on the permit or at the end of the current calendar year, whichever comes first.

The person listed on the permit as “Buyer” must present a valid photo I.D. with his/her permit. If you wish to mail your permit to our office, please include a legible photocopy of a valid I.D. (state I.D., driver license, passport, etc.).