* We’re moving! If you have an appointment, please check our website or social media before you visit to verify our location! *
By law, you must have a firearms dealer license if you:
- Are engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail.
- Have or are required to have a federal firearms license under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 923(a).
Need to send South Sound 911 an FTA? Email them to email@example.com.
To apply for a Washington State firearms dealer license, you must make an appointment and bring:
- A check made payable to the Washington State Treasury in the amount of $125
- Separate cash or credit/debit card payment of $10 for fingerprinting services
- A copy of your current Federal Firearms License
- A copy of your current Washington State Master Business License (the address must match the location of the firearms dealer)
- A completed State of Washington Firearms Dealer License Application
- A valid Washington State Driver License or Washington State I.D., or be a resident of Washington for at least 90 days
Applicants will also need to complete an additional form (available at our office) and be fingerprinted at the time the application is submitted.
More information about requirements and the process are available on the Washington State Department of Licensing website.
Please note that South Sound 911’s public counter is currently open on an appointment-only basis for select services, one person per appointment. For the health and safety of all, South Sound 911 asks visitors do their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Come to your appointment alone
- Be on time, but do not check-in for your appointment more than five (5) minutes early
- Bring valid photo identification and all applicable completed paperwork
- If there is a line, visitors should maintain 6-foot physical distancing
- Come with clean hands, but avoid using hand sanitizer beforehand as it may affect your ability to be fingerprinted
Appointments are in high demand. In-lobby wait times should be limited, but may still occur.
Please allow ample time to find parking. If you are late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
To make an appointment to apply for or renew a firearms dealer license, call 253-287-4900 [select option 8] during normal business hours.