By law, you must have a firearms dealer license if you:
- Are engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail.
- Have or are required to have a federal firearms license under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 923(a).
To apply for a Washington State firearms dealer license, you must apply in-person and bring:
- A check made payable to the Washington State Treasury in the amount of $125
- Separate cash or credit/debit card payment of $10 for fingerprinting services
- A copy of your current Federal Firearms License
- A copy of your current Washington State Master Business License (the address must match the location of the firearms dealer)
- A completed State of Washington Firearms Dealer License Application
- A valid Washington State Driver License or Washington State I.D., or be a resident of Washington for at least 90 days
Applicants will also need to complete an additional form (available at our office) and be fingerprinted at the time the application is submitted.
More information about requirements and the process are available on the Washington State Department of Licensing website.