By law, you must have a firearms dealer license if you:
- Are engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail.
- Have or are required to have a federal firearms license under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 923(a).
To apply for a Washington State firearms dealer license, you must make an appointment and bring:
- A check made payable to the Washington State Treasury in the amount of $125
- Separate payment of $10 (+ fees) for fingerprinting services, paid when scheduling the fingerprint appointment
- A copy of your current Federal Firearms License
- A copy of your current Washington State Master Business License (the address must match the location of the firearms dealer)
- A completed State of Washington Firearms Dealer License Application
- A valid Washington State Driver License or Washington State I.D., or be a resident of Washington for at least 90 days
Applicants will also need to complete an additional form (available at our office) and be fingerprinted at the time the application is submitted.
More information about requirements and the process are available on the Washington State Department of Licensing website.
South Sound 911’s public counter is open on an appointment-only basis. Appointments scheduled online with an associated fee paid in advance will incur a non-refundable $4 convenience fee and a credit card processing fee ($.30 + 2.9% of the total).
At your appointment, please remember to bring valid photo identification.
Appointments are in high demand; if you are a no-show or are late, your appointment may need to be rescheduled for a later date.
Need to reschedule an existing appointment? Login online to reschedule your appointment. You will need your order number, the email address you provided for the application, and password. (Use the password reset function if you do not know or remember your password.)