No meetings are currently scheduled. Notice of any future community meetings will be posted on this website and on South Sound 911 social media. We encourage individuals interested in South Sound 911 to subscribe to news updates, “like” our Facebook page, or follow @SouthSound911 on Twitter.
Persons with disabilities needing a reasonable accommodation for any of these public meetings should call 253-287-4900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virtual Community Meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2020, 6-7 p.m. South Sound 911 leaders provided a construction update including the timeline for occupancy, and site security. Download the meeting notes and images.
- Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2019, 6-7 p.m. at Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department’s auditorium (3629 South D St., Tacoma). Download the presentation. Representatives from Kassel & Associates, Inc., discussed community concerns regarding work hours, traffic, parking, security, and debris, as well as an overview of the 18 month construction timeline. Additional information will be added to the Construction page.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2018, 6-7 p.m. at Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department’s auditorium (3629 South D St., Tacoma). Download the presentation and the attendee-requested site overlay. South Sound 911 Executive Director Andrew Neiditz, and Steve Dwoskin and David Chamness of CallisonRTKL discussed the vision for the public safety communications center (PSCC) at an evening community meeting. Attendees saw renderings of the proposed building, as well as the site layout and possible landscaping plan.
- Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018, 6-7 p.m. at Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department’s auditorium (3629 South D St., Tacoma). Download the presentation. South Sound 911 and Chris Beza of CallisonRTKL provided a project update at a community meeting. Mr. Beza highlighted the work that has been completed since November, and showed a number of site options which were explored. The design team is recommending that South Sound 911 construct a single, three-story building on the site, situated with setbacks required for an essential facility.
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017, 6-7 p.m., at Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department auditorium (3629 South D St., Tacoma). Download the presentation and read a recap in the Infobulletin.
- Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2017, 6-7 p.m., at Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department auditorium (3629 South D St., Tacoma). Community members learned about the county’s plans to demolish the old Puget Sound Hospital to make way for South Sound 911’s public safety communications center. Co-hosted with Pierce County.
Previously, leaders from South Sound 911 and the Pierce County Council provided briefings about the agency’s plan at several public meetings around the county in spring 2015 and joint meetings with Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department and Pierce County Councilmembers in 2016.