South Sound 911 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state and local laws.
- Public Safety Testing “911 Dispatch” written exam1 and completed Personal History Statement. Applicants who pass the exam and meet South Sound 911’s hiring standards will be contacted to complete the next step.
- South Sound 911-administered CritiCall pre-employment test. This test evaluates a candidate’s multitasking abilities, memory recall, prioritization, call summarization, typing speed and accuracy, and cross-referencing skills.
- Panel interview with division managers and training personnel.
- Conditional offer, pending successful completion of the remaining hiring steps. (Candidates should not quit their current job or relocate based on this offer.)
- Background investigation, which includes fingerprinting and an in-person observation within the division the candidate is being considered. This process takes approximately 30 days.
- A psychological evaluation conducted by Public Safety Selection, P.C.
- Final interview with deputy directors and Employee Relations & Risk Management.
- Medical examination and drug screen.
- After approval from the executive director, a formal offer of employment is extended!
If you have additional questions about the hiring process, please email HR@southsound911.org.