South Sound 911 provides excellent medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their dependents, as well as participation in the state’s retirement system. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision (VSP), life insurance, long-term disability (LTD), an Employee Assistance Program, and IRC Section 125 Flexible Benefits Plan (FSA). Fire Services employees have separate medical and vision insurance which comes with an employer-provided Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).
- Short-term disability, additional supplemental life insurance, and 457 deferred compensation plans are available.
- Paid vacation and sick leave are provided on an accrual basis, beginning with 12 days per year for vacation and 12 days per year for sick leave.
- Ten (10) paid holidays and two (2) personal holidays each year
- Depending on eligibility, mandatory participation in the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (PERS)
- Direct deposit – South Sound 911 has 26 payroll periods; pay dates occur every other Friday and employees are enrolled in direct deposit
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Social Security and Industrial Insurance
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Military Leave – An employee may be granted paid leave for 21 work days during each year beginning Oct. 1 and ending the following Sept. 30, as provided by state law for the purpose of taking part in military active duty training.
Download detailed benefit information.