South Sound 911 provides excellent medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their dependents, as well as participation in the state’s retirement system. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision (VSP), life insurance, long-term disability (LTD), an Employee Assistance Program, and IRC Section 125 Flexible Benefits Plan (FSA). Fire Services employees have separate medical and vision insurance which comes with an employer-provided Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA).
- Short-term disability, additional supplemental life insurance, and 457 deferred compensation plans are available.
- Paid vacation and sick leave are provided on an accrual basis, beginning with 96 hours per year for vacation and 96 hours per year for sick leave.
- Ten (10) paid holidays and two (2) personal holidays each year, for a total of 96 hours
- Depending on eligibility, mandatory participation in the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (PERS)
- Direct deposit – South Sound 911 has 26 payroll periods; pay dates occur every other Friday and employees are enrolled in direct deposit
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Social Security and Industrial Insurance
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Military Leave – An employee may be granted paid leave for 21 work days during each year beginning Oct. 1 and ending the following Sept. 30, as provided by state law for the purpose of taking part in military active duty training.
Download detailed benefit information.
South Sound 911 employs former members of all branches of military service. Qualified employees may receive GI Bill benefits for the length of the 12-month training period for communications officer or dispatcher training.
Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs to determine eligibility.